Happy Wednesday everyone! It's VBS week over here so while Abby is off at Camp Gigi, Micah is having fun at VBS and Lexie and I are helping taking care of the babies of the VBS teachers. It's a busy, exhausting week (more for them and the VBS teachers than us but it's still tiring!) Here's a little update on what we've been up to on instagram. So you maybe have seen all these already if you are following me over there but if not here ya go.
- Alexis is not big on carbs and would rather snack all day long than eat a lot at a time.... unless it's mashed potatoes (and occasionally black beans.) My mom saw this picture and asked why I didn't give her a spoon so for the record, she does have a spoon - it's in the hand that got cropped out when I posted it to insta-gram.
- When you cover yourself in mashed potatoes, you get a sink bath after dinner. This was bath number 2 of the day since we had a post-swim bath before dinner!
- The weekend before last we spend the day at Sea World while I attended the AdventureCon blog conference they put on. My mom wrangled the littles while I was in sessions but we had plenty of time to play between sessions.
- The little two played so hard that after swimming at Aquatica that they fell asleep while we were waiting in line for lunch. That worked out because they had snacked so they weren't too hungry and they got a nice nap in to be able to stay and play all day.
- While in Aquatica both kids got to meet and greet with a few animals - first an armadillo then Toby the macaw. Toby was an excellent dancer!
- Last week we have a little mini-vacay in Houston while visiting with my parents and some of the littles' second cousins that were in town. We played hard and kept busying seeing as many fun things to do in Houston as we had time to do. We swam, ate yummy food at Lupes while the kids played until they were exhausted, headed to the Museum of Natural Science and The Space Center. (Lots more pictures of those coming soon!)
- This candy bar was delish! I need to see if HEB carries it or if I need another trip to REI to get another one. Seriously a chocolate bar with potato chips inside - sweet and salty all at the same time.
- This girl was whisy-washy on if she wanted to stay at Gigi's house for a week but decided to stay. She had a rough first night but seems to be having a fun time. It's been awfully quiet around here without her. On Monday, Alexis took a 3 hour + nap and Micah played quietly and watch a little ipad. I was able to knock out some serious picture editing and blog post rough drafts!
- I couldn't resist snapping a picture of Micah before rescuing him. I was sitting on the couch with him and he sat up on the top/back of the sofa. Then I heard a 'mama help me please!' Whoops his tiny self slid down between the wall and the sofa.
- Saturday morning I babysat a friend's little boy so before it got too hot outside we all headed out to swing. Since I had the little guy in Alexis's swing, she proved she was able to swing like a big girl. Sad that my tiny babe is growing up.
- Monday morning, we headed to try and get the a/c fixed in my car (it only blows through the defrost vents instead of the center vents.) Why is it that the child's play/waiting room has no chairs for a grown up? I ended up sitting on one of the lego tables. They had comfortable couches and chairs outside the room but not close enough to monitor the monkey of a 17 month old! At least with the toys, kid show on the tv and all the snacks I brought waiting wasn't too miserable. Except they couldn't fix my a/c problem so I had to take it some place else but other than waking up earlier than I want to to drop it off the next morning it was okay because we didn't have to wait again. (Well other than waiting the couple days for it to be fixed - at least we've got a loaner until it's done and aren't stuck at home)
What have you been up to lately?