The last few weeks of school before summer always seem like busy ones. Trying to finish things up before summer starts as well as the start of some summer activities as well. Are ya'll as busy as I am? Ready for summer or wishing school went a few weeks longer? It seems lots of people are out already but Abby doesn't get out for another week.
- Last weekend my brother completed his first ironman in the Woodlands. We are incredibly impressed with him not only for finishing but he also placed 5th in his age division! We didn't head over to Houston to watch him but thanks to their live feed, the littles and I watched him cross the finish line on the computer and got a screen shot.
- Wednesday evening we had a fun family afternoon - we checked the big two into the splash pad while we hit up the kickboxing class, then headed to the pool to cool off before heading home for dinner of kabobs and grilled corn on the cob. A wonderful afternoon!
- Yesterday I started working on our summer bucket list while the kids played in the drive-way. I'm mostly done with our list of things we want to do now I'm trying to plan out how our days are going to go. I'm sure we'll have some staying in pajamas all day days but I know we'll all be happier if we have at least one thing on the schedule to do each day. With how antsy the kids got over the rainy weekend we just had I know we need to keep busy. I don't think it should be too much of a problem though as June is quickly filling up with activities!
- Lexie was quite proud of herself for her artistic masterpiece she colored on the driveway. It's a big step up from just wanting to eat the chalk all the time. :)
- She's my little toddler tornado - the other day after we headed inside from playing - she managed to spill a water bottle all over her and the floor. Then while I cleaned up the floor (after stripping her since she was all wet) she pulled out an apple cider drink mix packet, tore it open with her teeth and spilled that all over the floor. This all happened while I was trying to sweep up the floor!
- Our Memorial weekend ended up being quite rainy. More rain over the weekend than we've had in two years. A whole interstate (on the other side of town than us) was flooded over. It was crazy! This rainy week also happened to be when the neighbors had (without knowing all the rain was coming) picked to build a new fence to replace the old one.
- After the rain had passed, we headed out to the grand opening festivities at Crib and Kids. The kids got unicorns painted on their hands and caricatures drawn of them. I can't wait to hang these up. I'm thinking the playroom would be a good place for them.
- Alexis is a little snack monster - she and Micah are big grazers instead of wanting to eat big meals. She took the popcorn bowl I was sharing with her into her lap, immedietly after this picture she tried to move it on the other side of her, away from mommy! Ha! Like mother, like daughter with her love of popcorn!
- Honey also likes a snack and tried to stare me down for a bite the other night.
- I got out my gold baseball jersey on Sunday to watch the SEC Championship game. We won - SEC Champs! It was a great game - though the kids were restless when we went into overtime and I hadn't fixed dinner yet because we were watching the game! Next up the regionals.. Geaux Tigers!
- I spent this morning spring cleaning classrooms at Church - taking all the toys out of the cabinets, wiping them down, removing things that weren't supposed to be there. Everything is all nice and clean for VBS now! (We did the same in the baby wing last week)
Memorial Day was pretty low key for us here. We hit the gym in the morning, then swimming lessons for Micah. I fixed a yummy dinner of bacon wrapped chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner. Thankful for the freedom that all the service men and woman have worked hard to protect for us. I guess I'm a bad San Antonio-ite as I didn't even turn on or pay attention to the Spurs game at all that night. Not a basketball fan.
What have you been up to?