Apparently I've been too busy lately to even use my favorite instagram app to take pictures the past couple weeks. I had shockingly few (for me) pictures and missed linking up last week. So here's a little bit about what we've been up to over the past two weeks.
- It's becoming very clear to me that every day I have less of a 'baby' and more of a toddler. (insert sad mommy tears here) Though she'll always be my baby. The other day she was trying to play peek-a-boo between my legs while I was cooking. It wasn't the most effective method to get dinner on the table quickly. (She is smiling in this picture it's just blurry - as you'll soon see if often the case now with Alexis)
- Abby had a Generation Texas week at school - celebrating/encouraging high education. So we had to decorate a pennat with the college they wanted to attend. Of course this means it had to be purple and gold for LSU!
- I got a idea in my head for Valentine pictures. So I rounded up the props and we took off on a little road trip adventure to see out my idea. They turned out pretty darn cute if you ask me. Come back tomorrow and you'll see them!
- Of course the day before said picture adventure someone got a little too wild and crazy with a stick and flung it and a little someone got hit by the flying stick. Poor baby girl. Thank goodness for photoshop right?
- A little bit of sweet amongst the sibling rivarly. Everything is a competition/I have something you don't or "I don't want to play with you because you aren't playing my way" these days. So it's nice to see a little bit of sweet as they read books together.
- Even Lexie is wanting to join in on the 'big kid' games. They were gator wrestling and when she saw an open gator she pounced just like they do and looked so proud of herself. She knew exactly what she was doing. Again much more like a toddler instead of a baby.
- Alexis + blackberries = bathtime. Just a couple blackberries result in a very purple baby. Seriously it's amazing how much juice is in those things and how it gets everywhere. (And again busy baby = blurry photo)
- Sunday I was told when I picked Lexie up that she is very busy and a daredevil but at least she knows how to fall so she isn't upset/hurt. That came as no shocker to me as I routinely have to put the little chairs on the big table or else I am constantly stopping her from standing in the chairs of climbing on the table. I'm constantly kept on my toes with this little love.
- Yesterday this little bit and I hung out at Church for a good long while in the afternoon to secure Micah a spot in the pre-school. They only had 5 open spots for 4 year olds. So we (again - as we did this with Abby) camped out over night to ensure he'd get a spot. I have yet to meet a teacher from this preschool that I don't love.
What have you been up to lately?