Well the birthday party is over and aside from the banner that's still hanging and the few remaining cookies, we've mostly recovered from the party excitement.
- Friday before the party was a busy, busy day. I spent most of the day baking as I wanted everything to be as fresh as possible. All the cookie dough was premade (by me), frozen and ready to bake but I still had to make the macarons and cupcakes. The baby got lots of snacks (even some she usually doesn't have like tastes of frosting) when I needed her occupied to get batches of cookies out of the oven. (Gotta fatten her up anyway!)
- That night after all the littles were in bed, I finally got to work on her birthday banner.
- Packing up leftover party goodies afterwards. Lots of yummy goodies... I might have gone overboard but I couldn't leave out someone's favorite type of cookies. Ha!
- When did Lexie get this big? My parents gave her a wheely bug for Christmas and she translated scooting on that into scooting on Micah's balance trike.
- The weather has been beautiful. Perfect spring weather.... only it's January. I personally would love another month of cold weather before it warms up like this (it was 75 today - nearing sweating outside in January no thank you!).... Our bulk trash comes and picks up this month so we have some mattresses waiting to go out next week. I laid them flat and the kids had a blast jumping and doing gymnastics on the mattresses. Seriously they need a trampoline but that scares Daddy...
- Watching Lexie walking (!) and wanting to join and play with Abby and Micah was one of those "I really have 3 kids" moments. She looked so much less like a baby walking around wanting to play... (insert sad mommy tear)