The past few days I've shared a few of the things on my kid's Christmas lists and now I'm excited to share a few of my favorite things. Some of these are things that have caught my eye and might be on my own Christmas list and some are things I have and love and wanted to share. If you are a new visitor from the blog circle - Welcome! So glad you stopped by!
1. Herringbone Toms - The way I see it, theses shoes can fill in where I want to look nice and put together but also am going to be walking around and want to be comfortable. Since these are Toms - not only do you get a cute pair of shoes for yourself but someone in need of shoes gets a pair too. So you are also giving a gift by buying these.
2. Stella and Dot Soriee earrings - I have several sets of dangle earrings but those aren't very practical when I have a baby on my hip. My current favorite studs are a pair of opals I received from my sister-in-law and brother-in-law a few years back. I have another pair of opals I received from my Grandma but they are a bit smaller because I was younger. I also wear silver or white gold 95% of the time but the gold and pink of these just caught me. Just enough sparkle to be fancy but not too over the top I can't wear them often.
3. Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares with Dark Chocolate- Mmmm... this is one of my favorite holiday candy treats. This and the soft chewy peppermint candies that have Christmas trees on them. I find it comical that my huge, new HEB doesn't carry this variety (but carries most of the rest) but I can always find it at Target. In fact the bag size they carry is on sale this week for $3.33. A square of this is a wonderful mid-afternoon pick-me up.
4. Erin Condren Life Planner - I'm all about technology. I love my iPhone. I tried hard, really hard, to like the digital calendar that synced with my computer. In college, I had an awesome pre-iPad era, little computer tablet/calendar that I took notes on in class and used for my schedule and assignments. When it comes to calendars, however, I guess I'm stuck in pre-iPhone age. I love pen and paper lists and calendars. Maybe it comes from the planners they gave us and made us use every year in high school? 18 months ago I was introduced to the best life planner/calendar I've had - the Erin Condren life planner. It's big, but with lots of room to write plans down. I also use it for to-do lists, Christmas lists, birthday lists, party plans. I like that I can keep all my lists and such in one place with my calendar of events. My 18 month life-planner is over this month and I'm ordering a new one for next year. Especially with how busy this month has been. Without a calendar to write everything down on, I'm sure I would have forgotten events and to-dos until the very last minute!
5. Ephiphane Camera Bag - I love my camera bag. Though, right now, carrying the diaper bag often takes the place of the camera bag. This bag is technically big enough to carry all my diaper bag essentials inside it but I'll admit that a) I'm paranoid the sippy cup might leak - though my friend did just show me the sippy she has for her sweet babe that doesn't leak so I'm gonna try that out and b) I don't carry my big camera with me as much when I also have a baby on my hip and two others to chase. I'm missing capturing more of their every day moments with the nice camera but I'm finding it much easier to just use my iPhone for those shots. That doesn't mean I love this bag any less and soon I'll be back to carrying it more often I'm sure.
6. Urban Decay Naked 2 - For about a year I had only rarely worn eye shadow. Like once a month. My mom bought me this set a while back and I love it. I still need practice to do the more dramatic eyes but there are lots of tutorials and pictures on how to use these sets on Pinterest. So many great neutral colors in here to use.
7. Willow Tree Nativity Set - My in-laws gifted me this set over a period of several Christmases and birthdays. It's one of my favorite decorations in our house that I leave it up year round. You can easily start with the first set that includes Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and then add on when you want.
What are some of your favorite things? If you want to see some more favorite things, then please head over to Sarah at Frankly Entertaining and check out her favorite things. Then keep going and find some more of our local bloggers favorites!